Chuck's Head

Welcome to inside my head. Please keep your arms and legs inside of the vehicle. And do not feed the monkeys.

Friday, November 25, 2005

I predict a riot

I just moved to Washington, D.C. at the end of October and stayed with friends for 3 weeks until I moved into my apartment last Wednesday. After about 3 days it looked like I have been in this apartment for 2 months- I set it up very quickly and spent about $1000 at Target buying all the crap one needs to set up a place. Why was I in such a hurry? I haven't really had my own place since August 28 when I left my apartment in New Orleans to evacuate for Katrina. I expected to be gone 3 -5 days, not six weeks. I went to Baton Rouge for three days and then to my family's house in North Carolina for the rest of the six weeks. I worked there and slept in a single bed; but i guess that beats a red cross shelter.

I have always loved making mix cd's. Since Summer 04, I have been making one "official" mix per season. I take pride in making them and each has a differnet vibe or theme. I distribute them to friends and they have become quite popular. I made my Summer 05 mix in July. And as I sit here, I am now making my Fall 05. This is very important to me, because Hurricane Katrina was almost 3 months ago. It took nearly 3 months- but I finally have my own place again and can resume the activities of my life, such as making my one-per-season mix. So it feels good, it feels normal.

The first song is "I predict a Riot" by Kaiser Chiefs. I love the sound of this song, very Clash-esque. You can listen to it here (its on the bottom left): http://www.kaiserchiefs.co.uk/media_music.php.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home